I am still quite new in the blogging world, but it didn't take me long to recognize the wonderful sense of community that exists here. After blogging only a few posts, I had lovely comments appearing and a few people even followed me (I'm still waiting for more =) ) . As the weeks have worn on, I have received so much positive feedback and it truly warms my heart. I started this blog just for fun, and to give myself a reason to write every day. However, I have quickly discovered that I also enjoy taking and editing photos, styling my outfits, and of course reading other fabulous blogs!!
I am very excited to share that I have just been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by my fellow blogger, Allie, at The Vanity Lair. I am so honoured that someone who writes such a wonderful blog actually reads mine too!! So, as part of receiving this award, I had to put a link to Allie's blog (Just click above on the vanity lair), tell you seven things you may not yet know about me, and feature seven blogs I think you should check out.
I am going to feature five blogs-- they are all people who have made an effort to comment on my blog, follow my blog, and rope me into this wonderful little blogging world :) They have very wonderful, creative and engaging blogs and I urge you to check them out right away!!
Now, onto my seven things:
1. I have two degrees- an honours bachelor of health sciences and a bachelor of education. I hope to have three soon (a masters in education or school psychology).
2. I lived in Trinidad and Tobago where I was a teacher at a local elementary school. I taught grade three.
3. I currently have four jobs...
4. I have a serious fear of heights, but I love rollercoasters. I also went bungee jumping in Acapulco to attempt to overcome this fear... it didn't work.
5. I love to read!! I just finished "The Flying Troutmans" and it was sooo good! Some of my other favourites include The Prisoner of Tehran, The Glass Castle, House Rules, A Thousand Splendid Suns, Three Cups of Tea, and my guilty pleasure books: anything by Nicholas Sparks.
6. My favourite stores are Zara, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Aritzia, and Spank.
7. I never broke any bones or had a major injury as a child... but since my eighteenth birthday I have: broken my toe, torn all of the ligaments on the top of my foot, fractured my wrist, and broken my nose. I seem to become more clumsy as the years pass...
That's it :) Hope you enjoyed learning something new about me, and be sure to check out the blogs I mentioned! Until next time...