For many people, today was the first day back to school! Did you feel prepared? I know that I need a certain number of 'new' items before I feel completely ready to go back to school. If you felt less than prepared today, read on! My list of ten back to school essentials could work for a high school or university student, or for other teachers like me!
TOP TEN BACK TO SCHOOL ESSENTIALS
(according to allie...)
|bag from h&m|
1. A great (BIG!) bag or backpack to store all of your important papers and belongings.
|can be purchased at the source in Canada|
2. A cute lunch bag- something you won't be embarrassed to take your lunch out of while in front of other people. A properly insulated bag is great, and bringing your own lunch helps you stay healthy while saving money!
3. A travel mug. Another great way to save money is by making your own coffee or tea in the morning, and having your own mug is imperative in this situation. A cute or funky mug is a great conversation piece as well!
|tazo tea tumbler from starbucks|
4. A water bottle. Sources always say we should be drinking at least 8 cups of water per day, and what better way to make sure we have water easily accessible than by carrying our own bottle? Plastic water bottles and paying $2.75 for them is quickly becoming a thing of the past as more and more creative water jugs hit the shelves.
5. Dark jeans. Skinny, straight, boot- it doesn't matter, but the darker the better! A great pair of dark denim jeans is a must in my wardrobe. I prefer skinnies as I can wear them tucked into boots or pair them with heels or flats. They are so versatile while still looking put together. I love to buy my jeans from Zara as they are nice and long.
6. A wear-with-anything blazer or jacket. Last year I learned that a blazer is the perfect wardrobe addition. It dresses up a casual outfit but can still be fun. I like the selection at h&m and aritzia.
|this blazer from h&m comes in a variety of colours|
7. Cute, comfy flats. Whether you are a student or a teacher, you spend quite a bit of time on your feet during the school day. Heels are just not that functional, so fun flats are where it's at! I have this pair from Aldo in black and tan and plan to buy them in red next!
8. New notebooks (preferably in fun designs). This is pretty straight forward... you're going to need a place to write things down, and you're going to want to start fresh- enter new notebooks. The fun and funky ones just make using them that much more exciting!
9. Daytimer. A school year is a hectic time- classes, tests, events, volunteering, workshops, etc. This is the best place to keep track of everything you need to remember. I like to have one that is large enough to accommodate my unusually large printing while still being small enough to toss in a purse.
10. New pens. Yes, you could use last years too, but where is the fun in that?
Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend, and if you did go back to school today, I hope you survived!